Fighting poverty through fair and ethical trade
Our Mission Statement: To empower small-scale artisans through long-term trading partnerships, helping them build sustainable employment, resources, rights, and a vision of hope in their communities.
We believe in:
- Creating employment. The Attic works to provide employment opportunities to all artisans, regardless of gender, race, or religion. We also work to prevent child labour, instead making sure artisans’ children stay in school and have brighter futures.
- Paying fair wages. Artisans working with The Attic are paid fair wages in advance, to ensure they can support themselves and their families while they work.
- Encouraging sustainable practices. The Attic cares about the planet and encourages artisans to use sustainable crafting methods and recycled materials in their handcrafts. Here at home, we also use recycled cardboard shreds to pack our products for safe shipping.
- Supporting community development. The Attic provides loans and donations to help build workshops, fund healthcare and education initiatives, recover from natural disasters, and additional community improvement projects as needed.
- Preserving traditional crafting techniques. The Attic employs artisans who utilize traditional crafting methods, patterns, and materials to create their handcrafts.
With your support, we can continue to combat poverty and work to help artisans build better lives for themselves, their families, and their communities.